Monday, October 10, 2011

2000 silverado headlight switch

I just bought a Chevy 2500 about 3 months ago. The first night i drove it the dash lights didn't work.I looked at some Chevy blogs and they all say you need a headlight switch. Well then the fuel pump went out so since the truck had a warranty i told them to replace the fuel pump and headlight switch but of course the switch was not under warranty. They did check it for me though and told me the switch was bad. When i got time to look at it i took the switch out of the dash and went to the garage. I found a can of CRC cleaner. I took apart the switch as far as i could and got a couple q tips. I sprayed the q tip with the cleaner and wiped all the contact points. I put the switch back together and plugged it back in and nothing. So being mad it didn't work i turned the switch on and off 3 times and they came on. Now the dash lights come on automatically with the headlights. I haven't had any problems since.

No comments:

Post a Comment